So I finally finished my How to Make a Variable Window series. This comes in two parts and these tutorials show you how to combine eventing with scripts to create a window to display variables and various other information in a window that can be selected from the main menu this features a very specific example, but you can use the methods to make your very own and maybe save yourself the trouble of no one answering your script requests.
- Part 1 – Area Info Window uses events along with Yanfly’s Ace Menu Engine and Ace Message System to create an area summary of sorts that shows a variety of information and a picture. Here’s a screen shot of the window:
- Part 2 – Choose an Area Info Window uses events along with the aforementioned Yanfly scripts along with Fomar0153’s More Choices script to have a series of sub-menus to display area info windows (or just about anything else if desired) from the main menu screen.
Doing this made me realize a script that I would like to see: the ability to choose which items (item by item) that can shown in certain Item Selection Processing windows. It wouldn’t be necessary in any way and would only be for the anal retentive, but I’ll admit that’s me.
I’ve also changed up the menu at the top of the blog to be a bit more helpful.
And I have to add some more links to the sidebar sooner than later, but I don’t have time tonight.
In the world of RPG Maker there have been a lot of posts since I posted last:
- Mitchi has been putting out a lot of useful resources including: a transition pack with 25 unique transitions and a new battler
- Noob keeps making laugh especially these two: Dedication and Inconsiderate. Before I could finish this post Noob released another great one that seems appropriate considering the subject of this post Tutorial Genius
- Nessiah has been sick and her internet sucks, but she still made the guy from the VX cover art she has dubbed Syrn, the jerk boss
- Ramiro has done some more updates to his scripts and discusses what his plans for the future, with regards to his scripts and projects, are
- Yami discovers that her CTB can be used with Tankentai, kind of
- Yanfly discusses his feelings about making a demo. Please read before asking him to make one. This article also convinced me to not make demos of my Script Use Series because I think people will learn more if they have to type everything in themselves instead of copy and pasting into their projects I may change my mind if a lot of people are having problems, but only after I can get the full version of Ace (I wonder when that is coming out in English?)
- Craze made another script Extra Enemy Actions. It is intended to be used with Yanfly’s Free Turn Battle System. Also the Elemental Booster script was updated.
- Kread-Ex put out Self-Switch Reset which I will most likely be using since I plan on doing touch encounters for my game. Also some experience related scripts and two scripts for people who miss functions from RM2k3
- Finally Molegato has been making scripts. Check this one out: Sudden Death along with the others.
Until next time! See ya!